Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
OverDrive is phasing out the original OverDrive app. As a first step, we will remove the OverDrive app from the Apple App Store, Google Play, and Microsoft Store in February 2022. By the end of 2022, we plan to have most OverDrive app users migrated to Libby.
OverDrive content is accessible without the Libby app. Use your desktop or laptop web browser with read ebooks or emagazines with OverDrive Read. To listen to audiobooks use OverDrive Listen. Using a web browser requires streaming internet.
A message for iOS users.
September 30, 2021
- Libby’s minimum iOS version is now iOS 10. To use Libby on an iOS device, users are required to update their device’s operating system to iOS 10 or newer. These are the steps to help iOS users update their operating system version.
- The legacy OverDrive for Mac desktop app is only supported on macOS versions 10.12.1 through 10.14.
- Users on legacy web browsers may experience issues loading libbyapp.com or your OverDrive website and should upgrade to a newer browser version, if possible.
What is Libby, by Overdrive?
Overdrive is a company that sells digital eBooks to the public libraries of Westchester County. Libby is the name of the app created by Overdrive that you install on a mobile device to borrow and read eBooks from Overdrive.
Why should I use Libby, by Overdrive?
- Bestselling fiction and nonfiction titles
- Largest number of titles
- Easy to use
- Extensive device compatibility (including Paperwhite)
- 10 checkouts at a time
- 10 holds at a time
- 14 day loan period
- Hold deliver later available
Tutorials and Help Pages
Search for the WESTCHESTER LIBRARY SYSTEM when registering for an account.