Skip to main content

Greenburgh Local History: Historic Greenburgh

Edgemont Collection

Edgemont High School

Crane's Pond

Edgemont block - Postcard tour 

GPL Map Collection

Election District map of Greenburgh 

1857 Map of Greenburgh Westchester County New York

1858- Greenburgh 

1869 - Greenburgh 

Hartsdale Collection

Northeast corner of Central Avenue, Hartsdale. c. 1940 

Hartsdale Train Station 

Tung Sing Restaurant, 1961 

The original Carvel store on Central Avenue in Hartsdale on its last day of operation, October 5, 2008. Photograph by Patrick Raftery.

"Woodlands," former Warburg estate, now school district headquarters

The Evangeline Booth House (now known as St. Andrew's Episcopal Church) is a historic house located in Hartsdale, NY.

Fairview Collection

Fairview fairgrounds 

Fairview Fire Department

Fire Department parade, turning left on Manville Road from Memorial Plaza, June 13, 1940

c1960s 

Swim meet at Fairview Greenburgh Community Center, 30 Manhattan Avenue

https://westchester.pastperfectonline.com/photo/A1A067FB-9592-45D4-83B3-242678575771

Greenburgh Landmarks

Greenville Community Church dates back to 1840 when a handful of Dutch farmers had a vision of a place of worship for the community.

The Odell Rochambeau House

425 Ridge Road, Hartsdale

George Washington used this as one of his many headquarters. 

Hartsdale Pet Cemetery

Oldest operating pet cemetery in the world

St. Joseph of Arimathea

2172 Saw Mill River Road, White Plains, 10607

Spanish American War Monument

 A historic war memorial located in Mount Hope Cemetery at GreenburghWestchester County, New York. It was built in 1901 at the 71st Infantry Regiment burial plot, and is an 18 feet square and 18 feet high, Quincy granite structure in the Neoclassical style. It has granite steps, wrought and cast iron double entrance doors, and a square cupola. A second set of steps was built in 1905.[2]

It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2011.[1]

Greenburgh's First Town Hall

An historic home was built in 1793 and is a ​1 12-story, rectangular stone dwelling, topped by a gable roof. The coursed stone foundation may be the remains of an earlier dwelling and date to about 1684.  The house served as the first Greenburgh town hall from 1793 into the early 19th century.

It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1994.